WHAT IS CLINICAL GOVERNANCE?
Clinical Governance is a systematic approach to maintaining and improving the quality of patient care.
It addresses those structures, systems and processes that assure the quality, accountability and proper management of an organisation’s medical operation and delivery of service.
Critical Clinical Governance elements of Immediate Assistants Events include:
- Medical Director with Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Emergency Medicine (FACEM)
- Medical Advisory Committee
- Paramedic Protocols and Procedures approved by Medical Director and Advisory Committee
- Paramedic staff certification system
- Continuing education programme for Paramedic staff
- Licence/Authority for each Paramedic staffmember issued by NSW Health
- Professional Indemnity and Workers Compensation Insurance for Paramedic staff